Monday, May 28, 2012

I be haulin' - 05.28.2012 Summer goodies!!

Hola my beauty lovin' babes!!


Sorry for the long-ish absence. I've been so busy with work and cleaning the house, reading the 3rd book of the Hunger Games trilogy, and studying for my spring courses, I've had little time to write up blog posts. But I've recently found some inspiration as I got a few goodies over the past few days, and feel compelled to share in this little haul...


#1. Marcelle BB Cream in Light/Medium.
I picked this up recently after looking high and low for a decent drugstore tinted moisturizer-esque alternative to liquid foundation. Don't get me wrong - I still love the Revlon ColorStay foundation, I'm just looking for a lighter alternative that's easier to slap-on-and-go in the mornings before work.

#2. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment with SPF 15 in Rose and Original.
These were my birthday gifts for being a Beauty Insider member with Sephora. SUPER excited to try these out and see how I like them. So far, I love the texture, scent, packaging, and tint.


#3. St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Body.
I received this as my 200-point perk with Sephora as I was checking out. Another item that I'm squealing with excitement over. I hear nothing but amazing things about the St. Tropez collection of bronzing products. I'm really wanting to try the bronzing mousse though - Kandee Johnson raves about it...


#4. Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil.
Sephora always gets me with those little bins of mini/travel/discounted products near the checkouts. This time I came across a small bottle of argan oil and I knew I had to try it. I've heard so many amazing things about how this works wonders on your skin and hair, and I was compelled to pick it up and try it out. I've used it a couple of times on my face and once on my hair so far, and I've got mixed feelings about the results. Stay tuned for a review...


#5. Origins Modern Friction Microdermabrasion.
I received a sample of this upon checking out at Sephora. I tried it in the shower today. Personally I didn't find anything miraculous about it, and it was too small of a sample to really know what it did.


#6. Hanae Mori Paris Eau de Toilette.
Another sample from Sephora (I was rolling in the freebies by the time we left the mall...). I LOVE the scent of this, and yet, (apparently...) it's a men's cologne. I don't really care though - it smells of like, sunscreen, vanilla, and happiness rolled all up into one. I adore it - seriously, you should check it out if you get a chance. Notes of lemon, lavender, green notes, blackcurrant buds, iris, jasmine, lily of the valley, cedarwood, sandalwood, oakmoss, amber, tonka bean, vanilla, and chocolate <-- seriously!? How did they decide that this was a more appropriate scent for men!?


#7. Lise Watier Summer Sunset Bronzer (limited edition)
I picked this up, sort of on a whim. After eyeballing it at Shopper's Drug Mart when picking up the BB cream a few days back, I looked up several reviews on the powder, and knew I had to add it to my small collection of bronzers. Being as pale as I am, it's very difficult to find 'the right' bronzer for my skin tone. Fortunately, this appears to be a very convincing bronzer for me. The powder is silky smooth, and creates a gorgeous glow on my face. Can't wait to use this more and let you guys know what my final opinions are...


So that's my haul. I hope you guys enjoyed this long-overdue post. Here's hoping I have a few more posts coming within the next few days - have a fantastic week!!


xoxo


What is your favorite summer beauty item!?

No comments:

Post a Comment