Thursday, October 14, 2010

Herbal Essences: Hello Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner

For moisturization.



I recently went to my parents' house for our Canadian Thanksgiving this year. My seventeen-year old sister was excited to share her new favorite product(s) with me - recently she had purchased Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner. I tried it two separate times while at home, and was extremely elated with the results in such few uses. After trying it at my parents' house, I went out and bought myself some upon returning to my house - I paid about $3 CDN for a 300 mL bottle of the shampoo, and about $5-$6 CDN for 700 mL bottle of the conditioner at WalMart.

The product claims to quench thirsty hair with a fusion of orchid and coconut milk. It raves that it'll leave your hair silky and supple. Those are some pretty hefty claims for a mere drugstore hair cleanser.

Most often when I think of 'moisturizing' hair products, I think of greasy, flat, super-saturated tresses. I think of hair that takes eons to blow-dry because of all the heavy moisturizers in your hair, making it impossible to groom or maintain your 'do.' I most certainly did not expect such quick and amazing results as what I have gotten in the past...week.

First of all, both of these products smell like heaven. It is not a heavy scent, but rather a light one. There are heavier notes of the coconut than the orchid...in fact, all I really smell is coconut, with a hint of floral sweetness - I suppose that would be the orchid. The smell of the shampoo lingers in your hair long after you've finished washing...however, after sleeping on it, the scent seems to have been smothered by my pillowcase and though my hair still smells 'clean'...(to me) it doesn't smell as delicious as it did just after washing.

Secondly, I have never considered my hair dry or 'parched.' Yes, it is curly, and a little frizzy at times - but never really 'dry.' However, this product proved me wrong on all accounts. My hair has never felt so healthy, never looked so luxurious, or felt this smooth. It moisturizes without being heavy. It doesn't feel like my hair strands are being suffocated by the product or weighed down by its benefits. My hair rinses clean of the product, but the benefits remain, and are felt for the whole day and even the day afterwards.

I have really been on a hair straightening kick lately, and while my hair will straighten, it has never held all day - even with heavy amounts of hairspray. HOWEVER, this shampoo and conditioner (used in conjunction) have changed my hair-straightening days forever. Not only does my hair hold the straightened style, I have less flyaways and frizz , and I barely require hairspray anymore.

Also, my hair does not get greasy anymore. Even the day after, my hair is soft, smooth, and healthy looking. It is not visibly greasy at the roots, and styles easily. Now don't get me wrong, it is still flatter than the day it was freshly washed...but it doesn't look gross.

Finally, I want to touch on the feel of my hair. If your hair could be as fluffy and soft as marshmallows, this is what this shampoo and conditioner do to my hair. It is so light and soft - it is indescribably wonderful.

If I had to recommend one of the products over the other, I'd suggest the conditioner. Both are extremely beneficial, and used together, they are SUPER! However, I'm not one to use conditioner - so I would recommend purchasing the conditioner to use on trial, before you commit to both the shampoo and the conditioner.

Now, this may not work for everyone like it works for me - everyone's body chemistry and hair styles/types are different. Maybe you don't need moisturized hair...but I would highly recommend this to everyone and anyone. All of you - run out and buy some now. Or at least pick up a 300 mL bottle of the conditioner and try it out - what could it hurt? And if you don't like it - send it my way ;)

I give this 5 out of 5 stars.
*****

"Charm is deceptive,
and beauty is fleeting:
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
--Proverbs 31:30 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment