Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tips for Eye Makeup Removal

Are you dropping money on expensive makeup removers? Are you tired of experimenting with makeup removers that don't work? Are you looking for a makeup remover that doesn't empty your wallet, and gives you more for the price you pay?

One solution: Vaseline.



Now okay. You're probably thinking - no way! I'm not putting Vaseline on my face to take off my makeup. And that's okay - you don't have to!

I only use Vaseline to take off my eye makeup. I take a marble-sized blob (for each eye) and apply it to a damp cloth (which is awful, I know...I've stained so many rags with my makeup escapades...) - maybe for you, you'd prefer a cotton pad, whatever suits your fancy - and I start working at my makeup...and let me tell you. Vaseline gets it ALL off.

It takes off your eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, primer - everything! In addition to being excellent at removing makeup, it's also moisturizing - rehydrating your eye area and actually making your eyelashes healthier too. I've noticed that since using Vaseline to take off my makeup, my eyelashes are softer and more resistant to breakage.

Vaseline is non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog your pores - so don't fret about that. It is dermatologist tested, and relieves dry skin and minor irritations.

One problem with Vaseline is - it's thick. Once you get it on your skin...it's exceptionally hard to take it off...this is why I suggest using it as a makeup remover AT NIGHT. In addition, if you get it in your eyes (which isn't recommended, but sometimes you can't help it...) it just collects in a goopy pile inside your bottom eyelid - which sounds disgusting, but I mean...it's not really as awful as it sounds. In the morning when you wake up, it will have collected in the inner corners of your eye, and you just wipe it off and get ready for your day. No harm, no foul.

In the evening, after removing the makeup from my eye area, I use a cleanser to get my foundation, concealer, and whatever else off my face area. I leave the Vaseline residue around my eye area, and go to bed. By the time I wake up in the morning, the Vaseline has absorbed into my skin, leaving my eyes hydrated and CLEAN!

So there is a quick tip for you on an affordable, yet efficient, eye makeup remover.

Enjoy your makeup free days!

No comments:

Post a Comment