Monday, June 18, 2012

Feelin' a little fried...

Hola my beauty lovin' babes!!


I wanted to chat with you guys about the importance of taking care of your hair... Not because I think I'm an expert, but rather because I majorly fail at maintaining the 'happiness' level of my ravishing red tresses.


Before November 2011, my hair was shoulder-length, if not a bit longer.
After November 2011, my hair was cut in an A-line bob. In order to maintain the desired style of said bob, I need(ed) to daily use heat on my hair. Blow-drying, straightening, curling... you name it. 


With time, I've noticed that my hair is getting incredibly dry and very unmanageable. It's frizzy and coarse, the shafts jump and skid through my flat iron plates instead of gliding smoothly. It's rough and tangly, and I lose a lot of hair by gently running a comb or a brush through my locks.


I really got a wake-up call last night when my grandma mentioned that my hair looked "really dry." Ummm.... if your grandma notices it, it's gotta be bad. 


So when we went grocery shopping last night, I spent a half an hour in the hair care section, perusing my options. I've had a lot of success with the Live Clean Exotic Nectar Argan Oil Restorative Conditioning Mask, so I purchased another tube.


In addition, I knew that I needed to be conditioning my hair with every wash, so I decided to try something new - Infusium-23 Repair & Renew Conditioner. I've had positive experiences with Infusium-23's Leave-In Conditioners, so I figured that trying the conditioner couldn't be that bad of a decision.


Finally, I picked up the Joico K-Pak Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor. It was a more pricey expenditure, but at this point, I'm pretty sure my hair needs it. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about this particular product, and I figured it would be a pretty safe bet as far as restoring my hair to a happier state of being.


I do use a heat protectant every time I apply heat to my hair (once before blow-drying, once before straightening), but I feel that my Got2B Guardian Angel lotion isn't doing the trick anymore... So I might need to look into another alternative. I didn't find that anything about the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray amazing enough to write home about, so if you guys have any other suggestions with regards to sprays/lotions for protecting your hair from heat - please, send them my way!


Now I want to know from you: how do you keep your hair looking/feeling/being its healthiest?


Happy Monday!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment