Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Live Clean Exotic Nectar Argan Oil Restorative Conditioning Mask


This retails for approximately $5-$8 CDN anywhere Live Clean products are sold. I pick mine up from London Drugs or WalMart. The bottle holds 200 mL (or 6.7 US fl oz) of product.


I bought this after falling head over heels in love with the Live Clean Exotic Nectar Argan Oil Restorative Conditioner, and wanted to see if the rest of the products in the line were as good as the conditioner was.

This conditioning mask is supposed to revitalize hair and restore shine, softness and manageability. According to Live Clean, regular use can help restore elasticity to hair and re-build strength. The argan oil enhances the product for long-term conditioning, shine and UV protection. The mask contains certified organic grape seed and olive oils, as well as 100% pure argan oil. It is 97% plant derived, phthalate and paraben free.

The product is a thick white cream - not so much as paste, like other hair masks are. It has the consistency of a thick (regular) conditioner. If you've tried the Live Clean Exotice Nectar Argan Oil Restorative Conditioner, this is significantly more thick than that.  This product has a similar scent to that of the other Argan Oil products from Live Clean - a nutty, vanilla scent that I cannot get enough of.

It comes in a squeeze tube, with a cap that snaps open and shut. This makes it incredibly easy to dispense the amount of product you want. It's also extremely convenient to use in the shower.

One bottle of this lasted me about 10-15 uses, I'd say, depending on how much you use. You're not supposed to use it every day, but rather one to three times a week (though it doesn't explicitly say on the bottle what the most effective timeline for use would be). I'd use it off and on when I felt like treating my hair to something extra special.

The directions on the bottle explain that the conditioning mask should be liberally applied to damp/wet hair and left to sit for 15 minutes, to allow the product to absorb and condition the hair. I applied this mask from roots to ends, making sure my hair was covered in a very thick coat of the product.

Most frequently, I'd use this while I was taking a bath and shaving my legs - I'd shampoo my hair first and rinse it out, and then apply the mask to my hair and let it sit for 15-30ish minutes while I shaved my legs and soaked in the tub. Sometimes I'd just do it as a special hair treatment, and would wash my hair in the bathroom sink, then apply the conditioning mask to my hair and put a plastic shopping bag over top to seal in the heat and humidity. After 15 minutes (or so) you're supposed to rinse out the product, and style your hair as usual.

Like I said earlier, I'd usually leave this in longer than 15 minutes, because I felt that my hair was better conditioned the longer I left it on for. I'd let my hair air dry after rinsing the mask out and towel drying my hair. I'd usually use this mask on days when I wasn't going out or needing to style my hair, because I wanted the benefits of the mask to better penetrate my hair and last longer, than by immediately applying heat and styling products to it.

After my hair was dry, you could immediately sense the enormous benefits of this mask. The results included touchably smooth hair, less frizz, beautiful shine (not to be confused with greasy or oily shine), and a feeling of weightlessness. My hair wasn't necessarily weighed down or plastered to my head by the conditioning nature of the mask, but my roots did lack considerable volume from the hydration, and the lack of heat to dry my hair. Usually, I didn't care about this, since I wasn't going to style my hair anyways.

I don't know if this is necessarily the 'best' mask you can get from the drugstore, but it's certainly one of my favorite hair products. I used my entire first bottle, and am waiting for a sale to pick up a new tube. I feel like this product significantly improves the condition of my hair, and I love the way my hair is so smooth and soft afterwards.

I would highly recommend this to anyone noticing that their hair needs an extra boost of conditioning. It's a great, affordable product that I think everyone should try!

Definitely 5 out of 5 stars.
* * * * *

Have you tried any of the Live Clean products? What do you think of this "Exotic Nectar Argan Oil" collection??

No comments:

Post a Comment