Monday, December 12, 2011

MAC Matte Bronze Bronzing Powder

This bronzer will run you about $23 CDN. It holds 10 g or 0.35 US oz of product. The sturdy, sleek black compact has a mirror inside for on-the-go application. It can be purchased at MAC stores or from www.maccosmetics.com.

MAC claims that this is "a lightly... tinted powder that gives skin sheer, natural colour effects and highlights. Ideal for enhancing a skin tone or to accent or strengthen a tan. Skin-conditioning - and formulated to provide a smooth, even application on all skin types."

NO FLASH

WITH FLASH

I purchased this bronzer in anticipation of my upcoming summer wedding. I had made several trips to MAC before in search of a shade (whether bronzer, blush, or eyeshadow) that would be suitable for contouring my face with. It was an extremely difficult and drawn out process since I am so incredibly fair with neutral undertones. On one of the trips, I asked the makeup artist about whether or not they had a matte bronzer that would work with my skin tone. She pulled out "Matte Bronze," and swept the color under my cheekbones and along my temples. I was amazed.

First, I will start off by saying that it is very hard for me to purchase bronzer. Because of my fair complexion and uncommon undertones, it is incredibly difficult for me to find a bronzer that is not too orange or too brown, matte and not shimmery, pigmented and affordable. Most bronzers look teracotta-colored or muddy on my skin.

This bronzer has moderate pigmentation, it's not sheer, but it is buildable. On my fair skin, it is easy to be too heavy handed in application, but on more medium skin tones, this would be easy to apply and blend without looking unnatural.

It is a warm-toned bronzer, a medium tan color.

On the left: a more heavy handed application of the MAC Matte Bronze Bronzing Powder. On the right: a lighter application of the powder.

I apply this with an angled blush brush from Quo, or with a blush brush. It applies smoothly and blends effortlessly.

While this is a fairly pricey expenditure, it lasts for quite a while. I've had mine for almost a year, and while I have hit pan, I still have a long ways left to go before I finish it. I use it almost every day, even when I'm not wearing foundation, just to give my face a more contoured, slender appearance. It adds a warmth to my face, like I have a sun-kissed glow. Over time, it definitely pays for itself.

I would never go back to using drugstore bronzers after finding this, my Holy Grail bronzing powder. I think that the money is well-invested in buying something that works for my skin tone, and lasts for a long time. Definitely a must have item for me!

4 out of 5 stars (oh $$dolla signs$$, why must you bring me down??)
* * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment