Monday, February 27, 2012

Annabelle Lip Liner in Heatwave

I picked up this particular lip liner from Shopper's Drug Mart for about $5 CDN. This particular shade was part of a display with new products such as the Big Show lip shines. I do not know if it was limited edition or not - hopefully not, as it is a beautiful shade. You can pick up Annabelle lip liners wherever Annabelle Cosmetics are sold (WalMart, Shopper's Drug Mart, Zellers, etc.) One pencil contains 0.04 oz (1.15 g) of product.




These liners are hypoallergenic and come in 3 different formulas: regular, metallic, or waterproof. Heatwave is in the regular formula.

Heatwave is an intensely pigmented bright orange, bordering on neon. It's surprisingly wearable, however, especially for the summer months. It's a cream finish, so there aren't any crazy sparklies or glitters in it... which makes it incredibly wearable, should you decide to wear it on its own.

But seeing as though I've been on a HUGE bright/neon kick lately (neon tank tops from Old Navy.... China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy.... Wet N Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Pinkerbell...) this is definitely one of my go-to lip colors as of recently...

With flash.
No flash.
Heatwave was released with three other shades including Showgirl, and Haute Chic


With flash.
Yikes! My lips look like they're on fire!!! <3
No flash, natural light.
This liner is so smooth and applies flawlessly. The creamy texture glides over my lips, and sometimes I have to double check that I'm using an old-fashioned sharpen-when-dull pencil liner, instead of an automatic one. I've never purchased any Annabelle lip liners before Heatwave, but I'm interested in trying some more shades. Assuming the quality doesn't differ across shades, I will probably be picking up more of these in the months to come. 

I would have to say that this lip liner almost bumps my lip liner from MAC in Dervish out of the picture. The formula is so much more luxurious than your typical liner - and the pigmentation is to die for. And the cost!? Spot on. I still think my MAC pencil has a longer wear time, but it's nothing that would be a deal breaker for me.

My only gripe with this liner is that you have to sharpen it. Ya, I know - I need to get over it. But I guess I've had one too many run-ins with my pencil sharpener vomiting its contents all over the inside of my purse or makeup bag. And for those of you who know what I'm talking about... you know what a pain it is to get pencil shavings and smeared product off your purse lining... no bueno. I would love this so much more if it were in an automatic pencil form... plus, you wouldn't waste as much product with sharpening. Sigh. I guess we can't have everything.

On a happy note, if you see this shade in your stores, pick it up. I don't know how long it'll be around for, so get it while it's hot!!! You really can't go wrong with a brilliantly pigmented tangerine liner - which will be on trend this spring! And in the meantime, check out your local Annabelle displays. I am always impressed with their new releases and collections, and am a huge fan of their products - they very rarely disappoint :)

4 out of 5 stars, for sure!
* * * *

Have you tried any of Annabelle's other lip liners?? What do you think? Have you tried one of the other new 2012 releases??

No comments:

Post a Comment