Wednesday, February 15, 2012

NOTD: Summer Inspired

It snowed again the other day, which made me overcome with a longing for summer. With these 'tropical' temperatures as of late, it was painful to watch the snow fall and to bring out (once again) the winter boots. So in order to cheer myself up, I cracked out the summer nail polishes and painted away...


It's a simple manicure, to be sure. I wasn't up for doing anything too fancy or elaborate. And the fact that I had to cut off all my nails because they were all broken prevented me from going all out.


I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear polishes. Really, it does not get any better than this. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for affordable yet pigmented polishes (just don't pick up White On or Black Out - they are the two exceptions to the line). Otherwise, absolutely fantastic. 


I used 2 coats of Fuchsia Power on the majority of my digits, and 2 coats of Sun Kissed as an accent color on my ring fingers. Finally, I topped my polish off with Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Turned out pretty well if I do say so myself!





Definitely reminds me of summer time!


What are you wearing on your nails today?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment