Wednesday, February 15, 2012

B&BW Black Raspberry Vanilla Fragrance Mist


Oh the deliciousness that is this scent. You can probably already tell which way this review is leaning, can't you?


Black Raspberry Vanilla Fragrance Mist is available at Bath & Body Works stores, while stock is still available. Normally, a 8 fl oz bottle retails for $12 CDN, but as B&BW is phasing out the Fragrance Mists in favor of the newly packaged Fine Fragrance Mists. B&BW describes this as "an alluring scent inspired by vine-ripened berries drenched in vanilla cream." This particular scent is part of Bath & Body Works' Signature Collection. 


My brand-spankin' new bottle of Black Raspberry Vanilla,
and my half used bottle.
Top notes: Blackberry, Sparkling Bergamot, Black Currant, Orange and Anjou Pear.
Middle notes: Orris, Osmanthus Flower and Sambac Jasmine.
Base notes: Creamy Sandalwood, Vanilla Orchid and Taffeta Musk. 


Call me crazy, but I don't see any raspberry in that concoction. Either way... I love it.


It's pretty hard to review scents. Each scent is going to react with your body chemistry differently than it does with mine, and scents that appeal to me may be absolutely repulsive to you (and vice versa). Keep this in mind while reading through my review.


This scent is absolutely mouth-watering, though. I don't consider myself a 'fruity,' 'musky,' 'sweet,' 'sugary,' 'sandalwood-infused,' or anything of the like, scented-girl. I smell scents, and if I like them - WHOOT! I want that baby ALL up in my goodies... haha.



I was drawn to this scent initially when I visited a friend's house out of town. She had the Gentle Foaming Hand Soap in the Black Raspberry Vanilla scent, and I just about died. After you washed your hands, they smelled fruity and scent-ual (like how I did that there...??) for hours. Mmmm... so good. When I got home, I searched B&BW stores high and low, but could not find it. Turns out B&BW has discontinued the Black Raspberry Vanilla scent in this collection. Bah!


Meanwhile, I picked up the Fragrance Mist to tide myself over, and wouldn't you know it - this is one of my favorite fragrances of all time. Nothing compares to the clean, subtle scent of sweet ripe berries with a touch of vanilla. I frequently get compliments when I wear this scent - especially by my husband. This is his favorite scent in the whole world on me. If it were up to him, I wouldn't even bother smelling or purchasing other scents...


This scent is subtle enough to wear every day, but loud enough that it's not like you just sprayed water all over yourself. It's light and clings to your skin and clothing easily. It's detectable as you move throughout your day (similar to the way the smell of detergent lingers on your clothes), but doesn't produce that chemically obnoxious 'perfume' after-scent that can give people headaches. 


I can't really speak to the longevity of the typical B&BW fragrance mists, but this one lasts pretty well. So long as I'm not busting a move on the dance floor, the fragrance mist will be distinctly noticeable for typically 4 or 5 hours. Usually by that point, I don't mind re-spritzing myself, or I just don't care if I smell delectable anymore...


I'm intrigued to try the Fine Fragrance Mists - if anything about the longevity or scent has changed from the old Fragrance Mists. And I definitely want to try the Eau de Toilette in this scent. 


All in all, I think this is a great scent for women who want the flirty fun of a fruity scent, but the subdued sophistication of vanilla. It's a great scent for spring and summer, but I wear this bad boy all year round! Plus, it's cheap. Who doesn't want that!?


Overall, a definite 5 out of 5.
* * * * *


What do you think of Black Raspberry Vanilla? Have you tried any other noteworthy B&BW scents? Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment