Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in Kim-pletely in Love


I purchased this from my local London Drugs for $9.99 CDN (minus GST), however, these polishes can be purchased wherever Nicole by OPI is sold. One bottle contains 15 mL (0.05 fl oz) of product. This particular color is part of the Kardashian Kolor collection from Nicole by OPI that was released for the holiday season of 2011.



Kim-pletely in Love is a milky cool-toned light pink with blue, purple and green shimmer throughout. It has a sheer to medium pigmentation. Two or three generous coats will give you a decent opacity, while four or five coats will give you maximum opacity.


Here you can see a bit of the blue/green shimmer.


I was intrigued by this blog post on the Kardashian Kolor polishes, and knew immediately that I had to have this one. I was still lacking my holy grail pink polish, and after reading several other reviews and looking at a plethora of swatches, I felt confident that this color could be the answer to my dreams.


Needless to say, I was not disappointed.


When applying this in my dimly lit basement suite, I was thoroughly disappointed. Not only did it not appear to be showing up on my nails, but it looked like every other light pink polish I'd ever tried - not to mention the glitter wasn't even noticeable... or so I thought. When I went upstairs to get supper, I realized that the lighting in my basement left A LOT to be desired... the color is soft and subtle, yes. But the pigmentation and the tone of the pink are simply beautiful, and give me a manicure unlike any other polish I've ever had or used.
4 coats of Kim-pletely in Love with 1 coat of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat


While the microglitter isn't visible from afar, it gives the prettiest blue-y green cast to the polish in certain lights, which makes it truly unique. It is SUCH a wearable, every day color, I'm considering buying a back-up bottle.


The application on this polish is fantastic. It's so incredibly smooth that application is a breeze. I have no issues with streaking or blotchiness as the polish dries. While the polish is somewhat sheer in nature, a few coats of this will get you a seamless finish. This polish dries SO fast for me... it rivals my Orly polishs in drying time, which I thoroughly appreciate.


If you have an opportunity to purchase this polish (should you be able to find any left at your local drugstore) I highly recommend picking it up. It's definitely one of those colors you will come back to time-and-time again when you're looking for a soft, feminine, every day color.


Definitely a 5 out of 5.
* * * * *


Which of the Nicole by OPI Kardashian Kolors do you love? What's your 'holy grail' pink polish? Let me know in the comments!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very good, I love it, I am always looking for new designs by the products at discount beauty supply

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometime it becomes very hard to find out a well written and nicely mounted lavatory which provide you correct and useful facts concerning tests and syllabus. but, i discovered this weblog and have been given a few relevant facts which is probably clearly beneficial for me. Nagelstudio Solothurn

    ReplyDelete