Tuesday, March 13, 2012

7 Deadly Sins of Beauty

Hey everyone! Sorry for being MIA yesterday (and part of today...). I was crazy sick this weekend, and now I have another health problem popping up... not to mention how busy I am with school right now. If I neglect posting in the coming weeks, please know that it's only temporary. And then my camera broke today, so I won't have product pictures for a little while yet... sorry!!


In lieu of all of this, I decided to do a fun tag that's been circulating around YouTube the past little while. I'd love to hear your responses if you get a chance!!


Also, if you get a chance, check out some of my favorite beauty gurus' videos on the 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty:
Julia (MissChievous): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwO0feKUkU&feature=g-u-u&context=G287a005FUAAAAAAABAA
Allison (Amarixe): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Z3qzkiL-M
Julie (Julieg713): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akoGDYp08O0&feature=g-u-u&context=G2a9dbd2FUAAAAAAAAAA

I found this awesome picture on Google Images, and I thought it really fit with this post.
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?


My most inexpensive?? Probably my Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear nail polishes. They sell for about $2.49 CDN at WalMart. Good thing they don't mean collectively... I have A LOT of them.


My most expensive item? Oye. It's a tie between my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and my NARS Sheer Glow foundation, at about $50 CDN each. I suppose in this case the NARS would win out because it's more money for a smaller product.


2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with? What product has been the hardest to get?


I have a love/hate relationship with Cover Girl LashBlast mascara. It is my all-time favorite mascara, but I hate it's longevity. I feel like I have to replace this mascara every month instead of every 3. It dries up insanely quickly... but I LOVE IT.... argh.


The hardest products to get have been my NYX products, especially the blushes. We have some stores in Canada that sell them, but the displays are limited and I've never really found a display that sells blushes and bronzers from NYX. I have to order mine from CherryCulture.com, which sucks - but at least I have a way to get them.


3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?


Bonne Bell lipLITES. Come in a variety of scents AND flavors. What you smell in the tube is what it tastes like on your lips. I love Angel Food Cake and Caramel Latte (though I think Caramel Latte has been discontinued...). I think I eat more of the lipgloss than is actually on my lips for people to see...


4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?


I neglect lip products in general. I rarely put on lipstick, lipgloss, lipstain - even chapstick at times. I just couldn't be bothered...


5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?


Mascara, I think. My naked eyelashes are basically invisible to the naked eye so I look like a freaker in the morning. Mascara gives my eyes that extra pop and makes them look infinitely larger, even if it's the only beauty product I use.


6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?


This is going to sound massively creepy, but I swear it's what attracted me what STILL attracts me to my husband... veiny arms, Adam's Apples, and chiselled jaw bones. Josh has SUCH veiny arms... the veins just bulge out of his arms and the backs of his hands... so freaking sexy, I tell you.


I love well-formed Adam's Apples - not too big, not too small. I don't like Adam's Apples that look like they'd stab your eye out if you got too close. Josh has 'the perfect' Adam's Apple to me :)


I love the look of a chiselled jaw too. A really defined profile is so sexy on a man - nom nom nom.


I love my husband, have I mentioned that recently?? Haha.


Ya. He's a stud.
7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?


Samantha Chapman's Real Technique's Brushes. Oye. I want these bad boys so much... I can't get them here in Canada, but I would love to get them as a gift. I asked my parents to pick me up some if they came across them on their trip to the States. I guess I'll find out this week if my dream has come true.... EEP!

What are your guys' 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty?? Post as a comment, or send me a link to your blog post on it!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment