Tuesday, March 6, 2012

FOTD: Bright eyes... bright eyes!

Hey beauties!! So today I felt inspired to do a really 'simple' bright, shimmery eye look. It's very much inspired by Marlena's look in her latest MakeupGeekTV video on "How To: Make Green Eyes Pop!" I know the video is about Bethany's green eyes, but I was so intrigued by Marlena's simple shimmery white makeup that I wanted to try it out myself. First of all, I'm not completely impressed with my version - I think I'm going to try it again tomorrow and change up a few things, but all things considered - I love the effect it gives. 


In the video, Marlena has very shimmery light lids (a cream or white shimmery shadow), with an almost undetectable matte highlight on the brow bone. Marlena uses a gel black liner in the waterline, and I can't really tell if there's any on the upper lashline. I don't have a black gel liner, and wanted it to be a bit more subtle, so I used a brown kohl liner instead.


Here's how to do it on yourself!




Eyeballses:
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Colored base: NYX Slim Eye Pencil in White
Lid: Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells, lightest shade
Brow Highlight: Annabelle Single Eyeshadow in Ivory
Liner: Annabelle Smoothliner in Brownie (smudged close to upper lashline)
Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara in Black


Face:
Garnier Nutritioniste Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller in Light
Besides that - nothing. nada. zip. zilch.


I like how this look makes me appear really awake and alive. It's subtle, but not un-noticeable. I was too lazy to do the rest of my face, since I had nowhere to go. 

Tomorrow I might nix the NYX Slim Eye Pencil step, and opt for a less bold shimmery white look - more like a wash of color. But we'll see... Overall, I'm enjoying this look.

What do you guys think?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment