Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nicole by OPI Nail Polish in It's All About the Glam


I received this polish as a gift from my sister for Valentine's Day, but you can purchase these from wherever Nicole by OPI polishes are sold. They retail anywhere between $7-$11 CDN. One bottle holds 15 mL (0.05 fl oz) of product. This particular color is part of the Kardashian Kolors collection that was released for the holiday season of 2011.


With flash.
No flash.
Scrangie is my go-to blogger for swatches of new polish collections, and her post on this collection did not disappoint. After seeing the swatches, I was determined to have It's All About the Glam in my personal plethora of polishes. I had yet to find a decent white that I could wear every day without it having looked like I was painting my nails with white out.


This one seemed to fit the bill.


It's All About the Glam is a soft, slightly off-white polish with silvery-white and iridescent shimmer throughout. The polish itself has about a medium opacity, but requires a good 3 or 4 coats to achieve an optimum finish to my manicure.


In the photos, I used 4-5 coats (some nails required an extra coat so they got 5) of It's All About the Glam, and 2 coats of Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.


I also apologize for the condition of my hands. My eczema has flared up really bad in the past three days, and so my hands aren't looking too great. In addition, I have a little bit of China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy kicking around my cuticles, if you're wondering what the neon pink tinge is... haha.


With flash.
With flash.
No flash.
It's absolutely beautiful when you pair it with a glossy top coat. Classy, timeless and sophisticated. A great alternative if you're looking for something a little more special than your typical white cream. The shimmer adds a softness and mystery to your manicure, and gives you an extra shine and sparkle when the shimmer is caught in the light.


With flash.
Check out the sparklies...
The downside to this polish is the uneven application. The formula is somewhat thicker than the other Kardashian Kolor polish I own. It goes on streaky, which makes it really hard to achieve a smooth, seamless application. Of course adding a top coat will minimize the appearance of any streak marks, but it's not quite enough for my liking. So when I use this polish, I definitely take the time to apply at least 4 coats. That for me is incredibly frustrating, and makes it less likely to be one that I reach for on a regular basis.


In comparison to the Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely in Love polish that I reviewed earlier, this one seems to have a thicker formula which takes longer to dry.


All in all, I love this polish. I don't know if I'd say it's a 'must have' but it is most definitely a color to consider if you haven't already got something like this in your arsenal.


4 out of 5 stars.
* * * *


What's your favorite white nail polish?

1 comment:

  1. Opi brands contain an ingredient that causes eczema.

    ReplyDelete